Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Churchill's Last Stand 6/26/06

"I was at Potato Creek which is some distance away on the Pine Ridge reservation. I had arrived there that day [the context suggests Churchill means June 27, 1975] in an International Scout vehicle without a radio, I had no idea what was going on and was surprised by one of the FBI sweep operations, that’s what I recount. I was on my way to Spearfish, South Dakota to take up a faculty position..."---Ward Churchill
On June 26, 2006, The Interim Chancellor of the University of Colorado at Boulder, Phil DiStefano, announced that it was his recommendation that Professor Ward Churchill be fired for research misconduct.
Mr. Coler and Mr. Williams were murdered on June 26, 1975, the 99th anniversary of Custer's Last Stand (June 25-26, 1876).
Ward Churchill implied that the young agents were somehow at fault for what happened to them when he wrote that the men were sealed "Custer-like -- in their self-made trap."
I think that Professor Ward Churchill is the one who has been cornered Custer-like in his own self-made trap.
So it's not "Home Sweet Home."
Adjust! This is Snapple's opinion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home